Saturday, August 24, 2013

Mindset

My mind, left to its own devices, can play games with me.  Much of the success of living better has to do with taming my wild mind.  Getting conscious!  With my non-disciplined brain on autopilot, I get to make all kinds of poor choices....because I am not really thinking.  The chip goes in my mouth and THEN I think about it.  This is foolish.

Living better is about being alert and crisp and disciplined.  Again - that WORD!!!! Discipline.  It's my friend, possibly my best friend.

Yesterday my unruly mind won.  I was 10 minutes late to my exercise practice.  So, I went to the grocery store instead.  Do you think I purchased wonderful nourishing foods for myself??  NOOOOOOO.  It was apple pie and wine.

This morning I made sure I was on time for the class.  All through the first half of the class I kept looking for reasons to leave.  My mind went into riot mode.  I can't do it.  It's too tough.  I'm too big.  All the girls are yoga-thin.  Somehow, I got onto myself.  It was kind of funny.  I finished the practice.  I shed a few tears.  (yes....victory is bittersweet).

Mindset.  My goal this week is to stay conscious.

Very little weight lost so far...but some weight of the world lifted off of my shoulders.

We march on.

No comments:

Post a Comment