Sunday, August 4, 2013

Resisting Temptation

I went to visit my son and his fiance today.  They moved South of us into a lovely little townhouse in a lovely development.

I brought water and tea bags with me to avoid the temptation of stopping at WaWa for a 32 oz. Diet Coke!   My little cooler also included a sandwich bag of cherries.

I treated the three of us to a fairly healthy lunch at Olive Garden.  Unlimited salad and breadsticks are signature servings at OG.  I had two bowls of salad and 1/2 a bread stick along with my herb crusted Tilapia with Italian vegetables.  Healthy choices!  I resisted the temptation of additional breadsticks. I resisted the call of my favorite appetizer - fried calamari!

On the way home, I did stop at WaWa.  I bought a treat for my mother and a treat for my other son.  I resisted the call of the baked goods and Diet Coke, settling for a cup of ice to refresh my then warm glass of water in the car.

I will continue to plan and set myself up for success by bringing fresh fruit, ice and water when I go out in the car.  I need to stock my kitchen with healthy options for me when the others around me are reaching for not-so-healthy options.

The key to this living better gig is to continually resist the temptations that surround us on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment